Over the weekend I decided I wanted to cook something a little different from the usual. The answer was obvious… a bunch of copycat Chipotle recipes! This looks like a lot of work, but it was totally worth it. There’s a bunch of downtime while making some parts… the carnitas takes a little time and the broiling step can wait. The corn salsa is better with some time to sit as is the guacamole. Lastly, I covered the rice to keep it warm while I finished other pieces.
- Corn Salsa:
- I dialed back the jalapeño a bit, but the rest if the same.
- I used kidney beans instead and still great!
- Carnitas (for Ninja Foodi):
- I may reduce the agave next time, it was rather sweet, but really great overall!
- I watched the video mentioned in the post (see below). Chef chad says keep the stems in the cilantro. I removed the thickest parts, but kept the rest. The video differs from the written recipe, so I followed what was written and just grabbed some tips from the video.
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- The only difference is that I used the Ninja Foodi to cook the rice.
- The assembly:
- The end result was basically a rice bowl with (in order from the bottom) rice, beans, carnitas, corn salsa, guac, (vegan) sour cream from Forager.
- There was enough for more than one meal, so there was also a round of quesadillas with carnitas, beans, and Violife vegan cheddar.
Chef Chad of Chipotle demonstrates how to make guacamole: